Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sunset, Long Beach, California

When the conditions are right, some sunsets are downright spectacular. This sunset occurred this past summer while I was visiting my sister in Long Beach. We looked outside and noticed that the world had turned orange. Not just a bit orange. Completely orange.

As we exited the house, I took this photograph through a tree:

Sunset through a tree
But this was just the beginning. As the sun went down, it really began to color the clouds orange.


And then, with little light left, the clouds themselves glowed burnt orange.


All the photos are taken in the same couple of blocks and within a 15 minute period. I did not change the tint or color in any photograph in post-processing. I just adjusted exposure and sharpened them a bit.

Enjoy!
Radzfoto

No comments: