Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Grand Canyon June 10, 2010

I am going to try and catch up. I have a lot of photos from interesting places. Let's start with another visit to the Grand Canyon. The place is amazing, unbelievable and incredibly difficult to photograph. The scale is so large and the air so clear that the human mind has difficulty understanding how far it is seeing. You can see for hundreds of miles. It goes on forever. You look down one mile!

Below is my youngest son looking down that mile depth and simultaneously scaring the you-know-what out of me. Did I mention that I am terrified of heights?




Here are just two more scenes from this national treasure that is ours.



All taken with rapidly changing weather and light. It had been completely overcast, very cold (for June), and raining hard. Just as sunset approached, the skies suddenly cleared. Miraculous!

No comments: